Tiger shrimp brochette with mild curry and basmati rice
: 10 minutes
- 18 tiger shrimps
- 1 banana
- 1 small tin of pineapple (or fresh pineapple)
- 1 tbsp sharwood mild curry powder (or Vadouvan curry)
- 1 Jonagold apple
- 250 ml poultry stock
- 100 ml cream
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Put three shrimps on each skewer with a piece of pineapple and banana in between each piece. Season the whole brochette with salt and pepper.
- Boil 1 litre of lightly salted water.
- Boil the stock in a pot. Peel the apple and cut it into pieces before adding it to the stock. Then add curry and turmeric. Cover and leave it boiling for about 10/15 minutes.
- Add the basmati rice to the water, cover with the lid and simmer until it is al dente.
- Heat up a grill pan, lightly coat the skewers with a neutral-flavoured oil. Grill the skewers for about five minutes until they are nicely browned. Set to one side and keep them warm.
- Add cream to the apple curry and let it simmer for a while. Mix the apple curry and keep warm.
- Now drain the rice and mix with the chopped up coriander.
- Serve the brochettes with curry, a cup of rice and a delicious Tripel Karmeliet.
Karmeliet has a very fruity and spicy aroma. We build on that aromatic character by using banana, pineapple and apple in the Bapas. Cream gives body to the sauce and is a good balance to the mouthfeel of the Tripel Karmeliet. This is a heavenly combination where aromas not only perfectly match and melt into one another but also reinforce each other.